Saturday, December 3, 2011

I Love Quotes - Innocence

This week's theme on the Thursday Writers Post is "Innocence"

How do you convey innocence?  I thought I would do that through quotes, stories and pictures on children as I think they truly encapsulate the meaning of innocence.

So here are some quotes I found that I thought convey that childlike innocence:
“In their innocence, very young children know themselves to be light and love. If we will allow them, they can teach us to see ourselves the same way. ”  ~ Michael Jackson 
“No matter what happens, always keep your childhood innocence. It's the most important thing.”  ~Federico Fellini 
“The child's naive dream of life is the only one worth having.”  ~ Marty Rubin

Some years ago when my son was very young, we were watching Mary Poppins just a few days before my daughter's birthday. She was not a very tidy kid and her room looked more like a war zone than a bedroom. My son suddenly turned to me and said, "I think we should get Mary Poppins (as in the person not the movie)  for her birthday". Thankfully she grew up to be a fairly tidy person.

When my daughter was in primary school, she handed me a letter from the school one day. The student's name read: firstname Aurora lastname. I told her we would have to write to the school and tell them they had made a mistake but she looked at me and said "Everyone has a middle name except me. So I told them mine was Aurora". She had named herself after Princess Aurora in the Sleeping Beauty.

And these are moments I will never forget.



Enjoy your day.


Warm Regards
Photobucket


Also linking to:
Weekend Bloggy Reading

5 comments:

  1. My dad never had a middle name so we named him Norton. Teehee.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder and innocence might be our best traits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post on Innocence!! I think that story about your daughter is so cute!! Cheers,Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing real kid stories. You can't make up stuff like they just blurt out! Great job, Suzy.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection