Monday, December 5, 2011

Music Monday - The Rainbow Connection


The Rainbow Connection, made famous by Kermit The Frog,  is a very lovely and thought provoking song that is sung beautifully by Karen Carpenter.  She had such an amazing voice.

I often tried to find the meaning of  the "Rainbow Connection" and finally decided that it is anything you want it to be.

I think at different times of my life The Rainbow Connection for me means different things ...  connection with spirit and soul, a love connection, connections with family-friends-people, the meaning of life, my life's work, guidance, messages, answers to questions, memories, dreams ...

I thought I would share The Rainbow Connection with all of you today as we are so close to Christmas and so many wishes and dreams are being planned and hoped for

So here is Karen Carpenter's version:




And here is the finale of the song from the Muppets Movie (the first 2.5mins).
This version really summed it up for me.



So here's hoping and wishing that today or someday soon you will find all your "Rainbow Connections".

Warm Regards
Photobucket

Linking to:




 

Lyrics
Why are there so many songs about rainbows and what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions, and rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it. I know they're wrong wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection. The lovers, the dreamers and me.

Who said that wishes would be heard and answered when wished on the morning star?
Someone thought of that and someone believed it. Look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing and what do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection. The lovers, the dreamers and me.

All of us under its spell. We know that it's probably magic.
Have you been half asleep, and have you heard voices? I've heard them calling my name.
Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors? The voice might be one and the same.
I've heard it too many times to ignore it. It's something that I'm supposed to be.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me.

Muppets Finale lyrics
Why are there so many songs about rainbows?
That's part of what rainbows do.
Rainbows are memories, sweet dream reminders
What is it you'd like to do?
All of us watching and wishing we'd find it
I've noticed you're watching too
Someday you'll find it the rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and you.

Life's like a movie, write your own ending
Keep believing, keep pretending
We've done just what we set out to do.
Thanks to the lovers, the dreamers and you.


6 comments:

  1. thanks to you for sharing this. keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the muppets. When I was in college, I got to take a puppetry class from Jim Hensen. I remember him saying his children made some of the puppets that made it to sesame street.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember good memories with the song rainbow connection I start singing now I hope it won't last till weekend, hahaha!

    Tulips

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Inspector Saahab, Kelly and Mary.
    @Kelly - how awesome is that and how lucky to have met the master himself. What a wonderful legacy he left us.
    @Mary - oh lol. It's still going around in my head. Love the song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very late to visit and to say thank you for linking up to my Pinning and Singing party-I am so sorry! I have been a bit pre-occupied with my 12 Days of Christmas series on my Christmas blog! Have you been by to visit? I would be so thrilled if you did-there’s lots of Christmas inspiration over there!
    Thanks again for linking up and sharing this wonderful song! We can't wait to see the Muppet movie...a whole new generation of muppets fans has been born!
    Best Christmas wishes and happy pinning!
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Natasha. Yes I did visit your Christmas blog and enjoyed the Christmas songs and posts.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection