Friday, April 20, 2012

ABC Wednesday - Round 10 - N is for ...


NEVER on Sunday
Thought I would make this post different and post versions of the same song rather than various songs. So I chose "Never on Sunday", the theme song of the movie with the same name.





Never on a Sunday - Connie Francis
I chose Connie's version as this was the one I first heard many moons ago when I was little. My mother had a record, the old LP, of Connie Francis and this song was often played.


Youtube - Never on Sunday - Connie Francis



Ta pedia tou Pirea - Melina Mercouri
And here is the version from the movie "Never on Sunday"


Youtube - Melina Mercouri


2004 Athens Olympics

And it was even sung at the Athens Olympics so I assume it must be popular in Greece.
I remember watching this live on TV.


Youtube - 2004 Athens Olympics


And finally a fun one sung by Miss Piggy - 

the opening number of episode 309.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2_uYBhcG00


Enjoy your day and check out some other N entries at ABC Wednesday


Warm Regards
Photobucket









3 comments:

  1. Good idea for the letter N. Carver, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a NIFTY way to the topic! I like the pig, myself.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carver and Roger. Miss Piggy did a good job of the song.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection