Thursday, September 20, 2012

ABC Wednesday - J is for ...




Just the song for the J prompt

One of my favourites and sung by none other than Billy Joel




Just The Way You Are

written and sung by Billy Joel was released in 1977. It reached number 1 on the US Billboard Easy Listening chart and won the 1978 Grammy Awards for Record of the year and Song of the year.


Youtube - Just the way you are



And my Bollywood choice is

Jis Gali Mein Tera

from the movie Kati Patang starring Asha Parekh and Rajesh Khanna and sung by the legendary Mukesh.

One of the most beautiful songs from the Bollywood films. They don't make songs like this anymore.


Youtube - Jis Gali Mein


Have a jolly jewel of a day and check out some other entries at ABC Wednesday


Warm Regards
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Great choices for J week. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw Billy Joel way back in 1974!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you Roger. I would love to see him in concert.

      Delete
  3. The Billy Joel song makes me a little teary - I love the lyrics. He was one of my mum's favourite singers, too. Teary in a good way, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kat. Yes it has awesome lyrics - I think he wrote it from his heart and it touches a chord with many.

      Delete
  4. wow, I remember when that song was on the radio every other minute, and now you never hear it - though I did just the other day, and I belted it out along with Billy! classic...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mama Pajama. I love belting it out too - my kids roll their eyes and shake their heads. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  5. I am a HUGE Billy Joel fan. Great song choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angelia. I remember the Billy Joel days - my friend and I played his songs over and over and over again. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection