Thursday, March 6, 2014

Inspire Someone

Written for the Write Tribe Festival of Words #3 Day 5 - Inspiration

We all love to read inspiring stories. Today is your turn to tell us one – preferably your own experience, or a story about someone who inspires you. 


I'm taking part in the Write Tribe Festival of Words -3

Someone once said to me - "you have the ability to make us do the things we thought we could never do without ever forcing us to do it. How do you do it? "

My answer, I really don't know. We each have our own individual style of managing. So here's what I do ...
  • Encourage - you cannot motivate anyone, only they can motivate themselves, but encouragement helps that motivation
  • Focus on strengths, not weaknesses - trying to improve weaknesses makes mediocre, focus on their strengths and make them great
  • Acknowledge - This does not have to be in big ways. even a simple "good job" goes a long way.
  • Learn to give a little - when you give a little you get a lot
  • Make people feel important and special - remember that your team lifts you not the other way around
  • Be polite and respectful. Respect is earned - it is not the right of the title or position 
  • Back your team no matter what - you can take them aside later and explain if things went wrong but in front of others, always back them - and they will never let you down
  • You are the manager, the buck stops with you. Make it your problem not theirs.

Share your style and then go inspire someone today!

My posts so far: Day 1  Day 2   Day 3  Day 4


Drop by my facebook page Suzy's Ilation and if any of your posts needs some tlc, leave a link there and I'll drop by and give it some love.



Warm Regards
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Fantastic pointers to inspire someone, Suzy! A positive word, appreciation, recognizing talents go a long way in inspiring people and in making of a fab team. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shilpa. Glad you liked my tips. I'm a firm believer that positive feedback works better than negative feedback.

      Delete
  2. Wowie ! Thanks for this piece, Suzy. Seriously, we undermine the power of words so much at times. Sometimes all that it takes to make someone's day is a kind smile or a nice word. Thank you so much for these pointers... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sreeja. Glad you liked my pointers.

      Delete
  3. Isn't it amazing how each of us is inspiring in our own way! Thanks for being an inspiration by your consistency and commitment, Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Corinne. Yes we are all inspiring in our own way.

      Delete
  4. out of all the points i love the team lifts you... how true!

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one a lot of people forget Richa. But when we embrace that, we change our perspective on how teams function.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful pointers Suzy! :) Acknowledging others and making them feel important are important and go a long way in inspiring and motivating people..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vaisakh. Glad you liked my pointers.

      Delete
  6. Really Nice tips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzy you have given very wise and practical tips for inspiring others. Very approprite !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are indeed inspirational, Suzy. And every time I am here I find a piece for myself...always!

    I truly love your work that radiates so much of positivity !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kajal. Happy you find my work inspirational - that makes everything so worthwhile. Thank you my sweet friend.

      Delete
  9. Lovely tips!! And you are so right!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this post, Suzy. I loove the tips:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips Suzy...I think acknowledgement in particular goes a long, long way. Even when our work is acknowledged, you feel so much more worth while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Psych Babbler. glad you liked my tips.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection