Wednesday, February 25, 2015

O Krishna - A guest post

Gayatri Aptekar is celebrating her 4th blogging anniversary and to mark that milestone, she is featuring bloggers via guest posts on her blog.

So when Gayatri asked me to be one of her guest bloggers I was so honoured.  And she made a special request for a poem.

Now poems for me are not something I can conjure up at will as I feel they are given to me from the other side. Of course I told Gayatri that would be no problem - ha! panic set in as I sat poised to write the words.

I tried to write some lines but really struggled. I can always tell that the poem isn't going to flow if the first line doesn't resonate with me. And after a few failed attempts, I sent up a silent prayer and down came the words ...

O Krishna play your bansuri (flute)
That brings me so much joy
That Universal melody
That makes my spirit fly


O Krishna ....

Read the rest of my poem on my guest post O Krishna on Gayatri's blog Outside the Kitchen Window and wish her a happy blogging anniversary.

Thanks Gayatri for giving me this opportunity and congratulations on four years of blogging.

Linking to:
Write Tribe Pro Blogger Challenge



Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que


9 comments:

  1. Lovely poem and so clever of you to make up a special one for your guest blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful... I feel your devotion for Lord Krishna...It reminds me of mine with Lord Shiva :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naba. Glad you can feel my devotion to God.

      Delete
  3. Loved the poem, Suzy. I am a Krishna fan myself. Over the years, my devotion for the lord has grown into a friendly wavelength that I consider him more as a friend than as a God. So pardon my 'fan' usage. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vinitha. No worries about using fan. Devotion is devotion - whether as a worshipper, lover, or friend. Glad you liked my poem.

      Delete
  4. Lovely poem. I know how you feel. Being put on the spot like that to produce something great for something else really puts the pressure on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely poem. I know how you feel. Being put on the spot like that to produce something great for something else really puts the pressure on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely poem. me krishna's biggest fan

    http://www.radhekrishnaimages.in/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection